Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My Favorite Therapists

5. Dr. Mumford - Remember very little about this movie except that I liked it in high school (although probably only because it was an "independent film"), Dr. Mumford was a skillful albeit unqualified therapist, and was blandly good looking.
4. Dr. Anna Freud - nepotism done right.
3. Dr. Sigmund Freud - He's pretty famous and sort of looks like Indiana Jones.
2. Dr. Brode - my teenage therapist who never suggested we play a board game about feelings, never told me anything about herself until our very last session, and patiently listened to me talk about being too hideous to love.
1. Dr. Niles Crane - obviously a brilliant man and the heart and sole of nineties television; would never talk about himself during a session, I'm sure of it, would only give some snarky "it isn't about me right now" reply. Never sold out his professional credibility for radio stardom.

No comments: